Saturday, June 13, 2015

Teton Dam Marathon Relay and Kids Fun Run

Today I had the opportunity to run the 4th leg of the Teton Dam Relay. It was so much fun. I only knew one of the ladies running Melanie, but we all had fun. The Team Members were Melanie Busby, Jessica Polcock, Katie Jeppson, Me, Michelle Bell, and Amy Zimmer. The 2nd and 6th legs were 5 miles and the others were 4. We all did well. I had hoped to finish before noon so I could watch the kids do the Fun Run and we finished about 11:16 Am. I was so happy. Our time was 4:46:17. I hope to get to do it again.
Amy, Michelle, Melanie,and I at the potato bake the night before the race.

All ready to start my run

So glad to be done.
Heading to the Finish Line

A Sprint to the Finish

Crossing the finish line

Sole Sister Team: Amy, Jessica, Me, & Melanie


At Noon they had the kids run. The one under 7 ran first. Aleeya wanted me to run with her but about 1/2 way through the first lap she left me in the dust and finished on her own. I was ok with this because my legs were tired. Matt ran in this group also. He took off at the first and never looked back.
Waiting for the race to start

Matt Finishing Strong

Aleeya going to collect her medal
 Next up were the kids from age 8-12. Jessica and Kylynn were with each other most of the time. Ky came in just in front of Jessie and her friends. They all did great. Jessica decided that she would like to run the 5K next year.
Ky taking off running, look at that big smile

Aleeya cheering on Jessica

Ky and Jessica finishing.
It was a great day. I think were all did great but were all a little tired by the time we got home. Thanks for finishing and not quitting. You kids are amazing.
The Klingler Finishers at the Finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers