Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dr. Seuss Week March 3-7

Each year at the school they celebrate Dr. Seuss birthday with a week of activities. The kids look forward to it each year, because they get to dress up. I on the other hand am not so excited because I have to come up with ideas and costumes, which I'm not so good at.
Monday was  "The Cat in the Hat" the kids got to wear hat to school. My chose to wear her ball cap from MT. Rushmore, and Matt wore a cowboy hat.
Tuesday was "The Foot Book", so they wrote crazy socks. This is the easiest day, they each chose mismatched socks to ware.
Wednesday brought us to "The Lorax". It was crazy hair day. I couldn't figure out what to do with Matt's hair since it is so short, so I used the hair chalk and made it green. Ky was so picky about her hair, I had to redo it 3 times before so was satisfied. I put 2 ponytail in and then braided the right side and put purple and green chalk on it. The left side we put pink and purple chalk. It was definitely crazy.
Thursday was "Oh the Places You'll Go" and they were to wear there favorite travel t-shirt. They both wore MT Rushmore shirts. Aleeya wanted to wear her also and made me wear mine too.
Friday is my last favorite of the days. The kids have to dress up as their favorite Dr. Seuss character. Matt wanted to be "Thing 1" since he was "Thing 2" last year. This was easy but I couldn't find the signs from last year so at 7:15 am I was on the computer trying to find a sign to print off. I then colored his hair blue with the chalk. Ky wanted to be "Cindy Lou Who" again this year. Doing her hair was so much fun.  She did look cute when it was done.
Ky as "Cindy Lou Who"

Matt as "THING 1"


  I was glad that the week was finally over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers