Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pioneer Day Fun Run

Today I was able to do the 5K run with my Mom and sisters in St. Anthony's Pioneer celebration.  We met at Cristy's house at 6:30 and walked to the Stake Center as a warm up and to check-in.
  We all lined up at the start and took off, once the race began. Robin, Cristy, and I all ran. While Mom, Vicki, and Kenna walked. As we left the start Cristy started distancing herself from Robin and myself. Robin and I stayed together for the first 2 miles and then I was unable to keep up with her any longer. But I didn't quit, and kept putting one foot in front of the other.  Finally I could see Cristy's house and knew I was almost to the end. It was nice to have people cheering me on this time,  thanks Dad, Tom, Justine, Quincy, and Jessie Sabin.

Finally I could see the finish line and I was sure I would make it. As I entered the Stake Center parking lot I willed my legs to go a little faster. And I was the 93 rd person to finish the 5 K run in 36 minutes 47 seconds.  We all did great. Cristy finished 59th and Robin finished 89th. Mom, Vicki, and Kenna were the, 4,5,and 6th finishers in the 5K walk.


It was a lot of work, but fun. Hope to do it again sometime.

1 comment:

Followers