Saturday, June 15, 2013

Softball tournament

Jessica was able to participate in the 8U softball tournament on June 4 and 6th at the community fields. For there first game they only had 6 players and got killed. They were so discouraged, after the first inning when they couldn't get anyone out. I felt so bad for them.
There next game wasn't until Thursday night since they were in the consolation bracket. I was suppost  to   work but was able to trade so I could be there for her. Jessica was hit in the arm her first time up, and could hardly move it, but she continued to play. The game was close the hole game and ended up going into an international tie break for the last inning. I was happy for them but after sitting for already 2 hours I wasn't sure I wanted them to have to play a second game today. They ended up winning and were so happy.
The  next game was for the consolation bracket championship. They had to play a team for Rigby, and they didn't do so well, but they continued to encourage each other. Jessica had wanted to pitch all season so they let her try, she threw mostly ball with a couple of stikes, but no one seemed to care, they just kept encouraging her it was awesome to witness. I was sure glad I was able to trade shifts at work to be there. They did loose the game but no one seemed to upset. They even gave them a medal. Way to go girls.
Jessica's hurt elbow, glad it was the left arm.

Jessica up to bat

Jessica trying to pitch

The team of 7 great girls, they played hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers