Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sewing

For Christmas Delwyn got me a sewing machine. I think he got tired of me always having to go to Mom's house to mend things, which sat around for a while before I would get it done. I love the gift. I don't know how to sew very well, but occasionally I do enjoy try to make things.

The first project I did was to sew curtains for the windows downstairs. We had mismatching make due curtains before just to cover the windows. I found an idea where you used a shower curtain and sewed ribbon on the top to make the loops. It took me a few days and but finally I had made 6 new curtains for the windows. By the time I had gotten to the 6th one I had mastered the procedure of making these curtains.
The next thing I decided to try and sew were skirts for the girls. I had heard about pillowcase skirts from my Mom and thought that would be fun and easy.  So last week while the girls were at school I made these two skirts, they loved them, and it was so easy I am going to try and make one for all the Girls for easter.
Jessica and Kylynn's skirts


Aleeya in her skirt

Thanks for the sewing machine, Delwyn I love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers