Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Introducing Aleeya Gracie Klingler




Aleeya Gracie Klingler
9 days old
July 26, 2010 was the day I was scheduled to be induced into labor, because once again I developed pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH). I was at home taking it easy the last 2 weeks to get me to 38 weeks.

 We had to be to the hospital by 7 am.  When they hooked me up to the heart monitor, the first thing that Marie, the nurse, said was "sounds like a GIRL". Delwyn told her no it was a boy. She made a point the rest of the day calling the baby a her and smiling at Delwyn, just to tease him.  They got my iv going and the pitocin started by around 8:30. I new it was going to be a long labor, but hoped it wouldn't be 20 1/2 hours like Matthew.  Labor progressed slowly just as I feared, by1:30 in the afternoon I was only dilated to 3 cm, and the baby was already having some slowing of the heart rate with contraction. This really worried  poor Daddy.

When Dr Christensen came into check me around 5:30, I was dilated to 8 cm. He commented that he thought we would have a baby by the time he finished assisting with a c-section. My thought was I don't think so. The nurse started to get everything ready and told me to tell her when I started to feel pressure.
At 6 pm I felt a little pressure so I told Marie, she checked me and said I was just about dilated completely and that I should be ready by the time the c-section was done, and she went to tell Dr C. When she came back into the room, I was having a lot of pressure and was ready to deliver. She went and pulled Dr C. out of the c-section to deliver the baby. After about 5 pushes the head was out and sure enough the cord was wrapped around her neck so tight that Dr C had to cut it to get it off. They layed the baby on my abdomen and I saw  it was a beautiful baby girl, not the little boy everyone had wanted, but it didn't matter she was healthy.  Marie just said told you it was a girl.

Aleeya Gracie Klingler was born at 1818 or 6:18 pm on July 26, 2010. She weighed in a a big 6# 10 oz, and was 20 inches long.  She looked just like all the other kids.
Aleeya 2 hours old, my first picture.
                    
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers